History of Wolfschlugen
Wolfschlugen is a town in the district of Esslingen in Baden-Württemberg in southern Germany near the Swabian Alb.
Wolfschlugen was mentioned for the first time at 2 April 1318. A man named Benz from Kirchheim sold some products of his farm in Wolfschlugen. But people settled there before, therefore evidence are remains of an old Latin estate in a forest nearby Wolfschlugen.
- 1380 the town became official by a declaration of Eberhard II, Count of Württemberg.
- 1603 the Protestant church became reconstructed and obtained his actual form which can be seen today.
- 1608/09 construction of the town hall by Michel Knell and Jerg Mercklin.
- 1776 construction of the first school.
- 1866 foundation of the fire department.
- 1899 first telegraph office.
- 1903 foundation of the music society.
- 1906 first telephone connection.
- 1914 first electrical lights on the streets.
- 1938 Wolfschlugen became member of the district of Nürtingen.
- 1970 dedication of the festival hall and the sports field.
- 1973 in case of the liquidation of the district of Nürtingen the town became member of the district of Esslingen.
- 1993 dedication of the new sports hall.
Source: Statistisches Bundesamt